Class Dojo

Class Dojo is a tool that we use in 3A to monitor and reward good behaviors. Each student has a profile-complete with their own avatar-to which Mrs Kebbell can assign positive (and negative) points throughout each lesson. The information is recorded on the students’ profiles so that it can be reviewed throughout the year. Parents also have logins so they can view their child’s achievements from home.

The behaviours that Mrs Kebbell looks for include working hard, working quietly, helping others, being organised and showing a growth mindset. Other behaviours that the students in 3A are rewarded for can include great presentation, being on task and working well within a team.

Another great thing about Class Dojo is that parents can have the App. on their smart phones. They can contact Mrs Kebbell via the app and often Mrs Kebbell will post photos, messages and short videos showing what is going on in 3A.

Class Dojo also has some great videos which explain how the Growth Mindset and other Positive Psychology concepts work. These were developed by academics at Stanford University and complement the BHPS Positive Education model.

Class Dojo is a really fun, positive way of recognising and rewarding  students  for their beautiful behaviour, keeping in touch and learning about the tools that we can use to increase our wellbeing.

teacherappreciation-900

https://www.classdojo.com/resources/

What do you like about Class Dojo?

23 thoughts on “Class Dojo

1. hi mrs Kebbel
    This is ginger from 3b and I really like your blog i liked how you explain about class dojos

from ginger

2. I like class dojo even though every time we do it I come second last it might change this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not class pets)

3. Dear mrs kebble,

When I lived in England my class had dojos but we didn’t get a hundred or anything. This is how it went the person whom had the most dojos a week would win a prize at the end it was awesome, you would get tow cars colouring pads and cool school stuff.

By Bruno