Kindness

At Barwon Heads PS Kindness means

“I do and say things to make others happy”

Some reasons for being kind…….

Being kind feels good.  Doing something for someone else really does make us feel good. Make someone smile and you’ll feel better for having done so.

Kindness broadens our perspective and gives us positive emotions. In order to be kind, we have to pay attention to what is happening around us.  As we notice more things and help others, we get a glimpse of other ways of looking at things.  A broader perspective helps us to be happier and to keep things in context.

Kindness softens our heart.  When we look for kind deeds, beauty, and the opportunity for kindness, we’ll find that we are more compassionate and more tolerant.  As we practice empathy, it opens our heart to others.

Kindness brightens our world.  When we are kind to people, it makes them happy.  The more people who experience kindness from us, the more happy people will be in our lives.  When those around us are happier, our world becomes a brighter, lighter place to live.

Kindness helps people feel respected and less alone.  By recognizing someone’s need for help and acting on it in a compassionate manner, it makes the recipient feel valued.  It also makes the giver feel better about themselves and more connected.

Kindness makes people want to be around us.  One of the most common responses to kindness is gratitude.  People appreciate what we’ve done for them.  Our kindness is very attractive, so they want to be around us and actually seek us out.

Kindness bears wonderful fruit.  Kindness begets kindness, openness, health and reduces the effects of stress on our bodies and our hearts

Kindness begets kindness.  When you are kind to others, the impact of your action doesn’t stop there.  There are a couple of sayings, “What goes around comes around”, and ” A simple act of kindness creates an endless ripple.” Many times the recipient of your kindness and others who see or hear about your kindness are inspired to be kinder.  The ripples of kindness are truly endless.

Student examples of acts of kindness

Suri’s Wall   

Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge

When did you show kindness to someone else?

13 thoughts on “Kindness

1. Hi Mrs Kebbell,
    Think kindness is a very important character strength I know one of my character strength is kindness and I think it is yours too. Once again you are a great teacher I learn a lot from you thanks for all the hard work you have into teaching us 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣5️⃣6️⃣7️⃣8️⃣9️⃣✖️➗➕➖✔️

2. Hi mrs kebbell I love the character strength prudence and I also love the book can I join your club I think it teachers us a lot about prudence
    From Sadie

3. Thank you for being a great teacher and helping me be persistent and not letting anything negative get over me now I know not to give up no matter what they say so thank you

4. Hi Mrs kebbell
    I think learning about kindness is really fun. Kindness is one of my favourite character strengths along with love of learning and enthusiasm.
    I have enjoyed learning about all the character strengths and I am sure lots of other people have to.
    Alice

5. Dear mrs kebbell
    Thanks for all the hard work you have put into teaching us about positive education. I am very lucky that I have you as my teacher

6. Dear Mrs Kebbell
    I show kindness every day.I like kindness at the
    end of the day I feel happy. You are very kind
    and the best teacher ever.