Australian Folklore Performance

Today we were lucky to have Gerrard Cafe from School Performance Tours come to our school. He told us stories about Australian history and folklore. He explained to us that these things have shaped our identity. Many students were able to go up onto the stage and participate. There was a didgeridoo, sheep shearing and lager phones to make up a bush band.

We learnt about Bush Rangers and some students got to put a tucker bag and billy on the swagman as quickly as they could!

Gerrard told us about Australian heroes including the Anzacs, lifesavers, firefighters, farmers and sportspeople. This complemented this weeks character strength focus on  courage. Heroes are people who have believed in themselves and had the courage to reach their goals often when faced with adversity. They are people who others look up to and admire.

Gerrard sang songs and read some poetry. He was really funny, we laughed a lot but we also learnt a lot!

image

image

image

image

image

image

What did you learn about Australian Folklore?

What did you like most about the performance?

2 thoughts on “Australian Folklore Performance

1. Dear Mrs kebbell
    I really enjoyed the show I know a lot more now and I hope lots of people did enjoy it it was funny how we all did the song at the end we are very lucky to have him come to our school we are so lucky that we get to do this stuff I hope your class enjoyed it
    From Leni from 3/4C

2. Hi Miss Keabell
    I really enjoyed the Astralian folklore performance.I really liked when we got up and danced.And when tommy had he tried to talk under the beard.It was a really fun hour.Kyan