Night and Day

This term we have a new inquiry topic!

We will be studying the relationships between the sun, earth, moon to help us understand how we experience day and night on earth. This knowledge will also help us to understand directions including North, south, east, west and how time can be determined using a sun dial.

This week we were all interested to learn about the New Horizons Spacecraft. This spacecraft is the size of a golf buggy and left Earth 9 years ago to reach parts of space so far away that they have not yet been explored. The spacecraft went near Pluto this week and beamed images back to Earth.

This is a link to an ABC news report about Pluto.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-14/new-horizons-pluto-fly-by-explained/6619930

planets

pluto Pluto

What are you wondering about Night and Day and/or Space?

11 thoughts on “Night and Day

• Good question Gracie! I don’t know the answer to that question. It would be good to explore. From Mrs Kebbell

1. Dear Mrs Kebbell,
    I’m wondering how many planets in the Solar System goes around the Sun.
    I love learning about night, day and Space.
    From Lily

2. Dear Mrs Kebbell, my question is how was space made. That might be hard to answer, but we might find it.
    From Zoe

3. Dear Mrs Kebbell,
    One of my wonderings was… Did the big bang have anything to do with day and night? I do not have a clue about that it might have been the wind it might of been the noise I do not know I was not alive.
    Please tell me the answer if you know it. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS WONDERING.

From Jasmine