Science Excursion to La Trobe University

My favorite part was the bean making and bean racing and I learnt that Mexican Jumping Beans aren’t actually magical, they just have a caterpillar in them and that’s why they jump  (Mac)

I enjoyed learning about the senses, the experiment I liked the best was wafting the scents, peppermint, chocolate and vanilla. I liked peppermint the best and most others liked vanilla (Dan)

It was really interesting seeing a leaf under the microscope, it looked like a moth’s wings. (Livvy)

My favorite activity was the fruit skin game – we had metal sticks and a big TV, we had to tap fruit as it dropped down, it was really fun (Maggie)

I liked looking at the 3D photocopying machines, one was making a pac man! (Eliza)

The movie about the Mexican Jumping Beans was great (Elisse)

IMG_7948 IMG_7956 IMG_7966 IMG_7970 IMG_7971 IMG_7979 IMG_7980 IMG_7981 IMG_7993 IMG_7998 IMG_8003 IMG_8005

7 thoughts on “Science Excursion to La Trobe University

1. The excursion to La Trobe University was ok. My favourite activity was the glass one. The glass will have water in it,then you have to dip your finger into the water and rub gently around the edge of the glass.

HAVE FUN DOING IT!

Ruby