Our excursion to Wastewise

Today was the day we had all been waiting for and we were not disappointed!

There was great excitement before we left school. When we arrived we began, straight away, to add to our knowledge about our Integrated topic- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.

We had a special guest “Gee Wizz” – a wizard who taught us how to make old things new again. Then we did lots of activities including how to choose a waste free school lunch. Our final activity involved acting in our own play and learning about how aluminum cans are recycled.

My favorite part of the presentation was the “Rubbish Wall”

IMG_1090 IMG_1097 IMG_1101 IMG_1108 IMG_1157 IMG_1158 IMG_1172

11 thoughts on “Our excursion to Wastewise

1. Dear 1B,
    it sounds like you had heaps of fun. Lucky I saw the photos of you.
    I really wish I was there whith you. Can’t wait to hear more back at school.
    From Livvy.

2. I love spotting all the rats on the recycling wall. How many can you see?
    I loved being the fridge and opening the door! When I went upstairs I loved packing the lunch boxes.

3. I loved Gee Wiz the wizard, I thought that it would be scary but it wasn’t. It was funny.
    I learned that you can’t have wrappers around your lunches because then that will have to be in the bin, and we don’t want to have too much stuff in the tip.

4. Hi Everyone,
    I’m from Miss Jordan’s class.

I remember when I went to wastewise. It was very fun and like some of you I liked Gee Whiz the wizard and spotting the rats on the wall. What other activities did you enjoy?

You guys sound like you’re experts with waste from that excursion!

Bye,
    Ella