Partner editing our drafts

Today we had fun helping each other to edit our drafts. Each editor wore a crown which had their focus editing task written on it. Tomorrow we will swap roles to ensure that we all have a turn at editing and being edited! We all agreed that it was lots of fun!

image

image

6 thoughts on “Partner editing our drafts

1. When we do it we do actually have lots of fun! (Pippa)
    I really liked being helped with putting spaces into my writing (Violet)
    It was fun when we did it (Olivia)
    My favourite part was helping people (Stella)

2. I enjoyed going to the office. How the bell works on a timer was very interesting to me. i loved going to the office. Mac

3. Today I was an ‘editor’ working Dan, Beatrix, Eliza and Angus B. I liked …being ‘editor.’ We had a lot of fun. Cormac

4. Dear 1B,

It sounds like you had a great time doing your partner editing! Editing your work is very important, and the students in my class did some editing today too.
    I really like the idea of wearing crowns to show you are the editor. The photos show you are really engaged and taking the job seriously!

What do you look for when you are editing your writing?

Best wishes,
    Miss Jordan

• Hi Mrs Jordan,
      When we are editing our work we look for: spaces between the words, capital letters, upper case letters where they aren’t meant to be (like in the middle of words), spelling, punctuation such as full stops and question marks and add a word.
      Thank you for looking at our blog.
      We are wondering what days you do yard duty so we can look out for you!
      Love from 1B

• Dear 1B,

I’m sure you all did a great job editing. Using capital letters and punctuation correctly is still something we talk about in grade four!

I am on yard duty on Mondays before school, Wednesday lunch time (second half) and Friday recess (second half). I’d love you all to come and introduce yourself so I can get to know you! 🙂

Your friend,
        Miss Jordan